TechAccel announces a new job opening for a Director of Program Management. To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and response to questionnaire
to email (email@example.com) or to our offices:
6811 Shawnee Mission Parkway
Shawnee Mission, KS 66202
No walk-ins or recruiters.
TITLE: Director, Project Management Office
TYPE: Full Time, Salaried Exempt REPORTS TO: Chief Finance & Administrative Officer
LOCATION: Overland Park, KS
The Director, Project Management Office (Director) is a senior-level position with TechAccel and will be located in the Overland Park, KS headquarters. The Director will report directly to TechAccel’s Chief Finance & Administrative Officer.
The Director will lead the Project Management Office and associated project portfolio throughout planning, execution, delivery and benefit realization. Ensure projects are resourced appropriately and delivered on-time and on-budget, and in adherence with quality and compliance standards. The Director will ensure that the status, progress and issues related to each project is effectively tracked and communicated to ensure that problems and issues are resolved in a timely manner. This role will collaborate with the Chief Science Officer, the science advancement and opportunity development team members, sponsors and other key stakeholders to shape high level strategies, ensuring that requirements are effectively translated into outcomes, and that program benefits are communicated and realized. The role is accountable for program budgets and leads teams that support the delivery of programs, through robust project and change management, training and communications activities. This will be a key role supporting TechAccel strategy, risk management, and execution toward annual goals and objectives.
The Director will have additional responsibilities in various areas of administrative operations, including contract management and information technology. This role is responsible for designing, developing and managing information systems that track and manage business contracts and the TechAccel obligations that are contained in the contracts.
• Establish program vision and an approach to its realization, ensuring project portfolio is supportive of and enables the strategy
• Lead the Senior Leadership team in the analysis of the portfolio performance and provide decision making support to the Sponsors to drive changes in investment mix, resource allocation and risk mitigation plans
• Drive performance of overall portfolio through effective stakeholder engagement and continuous improvement activities that assure the project portfolio is aligned and prioritized against the strategy and business goals
• Establish and manage relationships with Senior Leadership team to ensure visibility and commitment to portfolio objectives and performance
• Take ownership of the successful implementation of projects within the Program Portfolio.
• Lead the PMO and project management team
• Sponsor the change management strategy, ensuring effective alignment, engagement and communication
• Manage and maintain the TechAccel Airtable database for contract management
• Perform additional analytical and administrative duties to support TechAccel administrative operations.
• Business or scientific degree
• Minimum of 5 years of project management of large, complex programs and 3 years managing a broad portfolio of projects
• Experienced in leading change and a demonstrated ability to accomplish results and meet deadlines and commitments
• Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills and shares critical information with project team and senior leaders
• Demonstrated analytical and logic skills with a focus on fact-based decision making
• Demonstrate a data and process mindset, statistically verifiy improvements and provide theoretical training along with practical/pragmatic examples of its use
• Evidence of leading and developing innovative solutions that have a major impact within the business area and organization
• Strong networking/consulting skills with good internal/external links
• Ability to interpret and communicate technical information into business language and in alignment with TechAccel business
• Manage, develop and lead a team of people in different locations
• Proven track record in delivering high risk program/projects and decision making
• Proven skills and experience of managing and controlling large budgets
• Ability to convince and manage negotiations across a complex group
• Ability to understand and manage professional services contracts
• Project Management certification
• Experience working in a global organization with complex/geographical context
• Experience developing professional services contracts
• Experience designing and developing relational databases