RESEARCH ASSOCIATE, ENTOMOLOGY
TITLE: Research Associate
TYPE: Full-time, Salaried Exempt
REPORTS TO: Director of Laboratory Operations or designee
LOCATION: St. Louis, MO
RELOCATION: Relocation package is not available
Please send cover letter, resume, and response to questionnaire
(download questionnaire: http://techaccel.net/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/Questionnaire-for-Ento-RA.docx
Via US Mail to:
6811 Shawnee Mission Parkway
Shawnee Mission, KS 66202
Via email to:
No walk-ins or recruiters.Position Summary:
TechAccel invests in and develops transformative early-stage agriculture technologies. We are seeking to add a Research Associate to our team to support the research and development of new insect pest control products. The position is located in the Greater St.
Louis, Missouri region. The Research Associate reports to TechAccel’s Director of Laboratory Operations or designee.
The Research Associate works in a laboratory environment, and will participate in setting up and conducting studies to assess the efficacy of new insect pest control active ingredients and products. The ideal candidate will have prior entomological research
experience. Experience handling and rearing insects and conducting insect bioassays to evaluate pesticide toxicity is a benefit. Attention to detail and good-record keeping is essential. This is an exciting opportunity for the right individual to make a real and tangible
impact in a small company translating innovations to commercial reality.Responsibilities:
The Research Associate shall:
• Set up, conduct, and assess insect bioassays and whole plant assays in laboratory and greenhouse environments.
• Rear and maintain insect to support R&D activities.
• Maintain plants.
• Maintain detailed and accurate records of experiments and results.
• Manage and regularly communicate progress on assigned projects to the Laboratory Operations Director and Program Management Office.
• Manage resources required to complete assigned projects.
• Report results in research team meetings and assist in assembling reports to be communicated to the broader organization and external partners.
• Conduct research in accordance with or exceeding all relevant Health, Safety and Environmental guidelines.Minimum Requirements:
• Bachelor’s in Entomology, Biology, Microbiology, Plant Science, or a related field.
• Prior experience conducting insect assays and/or maintaining insects for research.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong attention to detail and good-record keeping.
• Good time and project management.
• Ability to follow established protocols and assist in developing new protocols.
• Experienced in a laboratory environment with safe work practices, including handling of bacteria and hazardous chemicals.
• Able to lift and move items up to 30 pounds.
• Strong motivation for continuous learning.
• While most duties will be performed during regular business hours. Some work will require a flexible schedule to accommodate time-sensitive experiments.
• Proficiency in standard computer programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Ability to travel locally 10-15%.The ideal candidate has at least some of these additional skills:
• Basic competency at statistics and data analysis.About TechAccelTechAccel LLC is a technology and venture development company focused in agriculture, animal health and food technology.Since its founding in 2014, TechAccel sources, invests in and acquires early-stage innovations. Through collaborations with universities and research institutions, TechAccel conducts science advancement and derisking research and development to ready technologies for commercialization.TechAccel is based in Overland Park, Kansas, with offices in St. Louis, Missouri. Visit www.TechAccel.net for
more information. Follow us on Twitter at @Tech_Accel and on Linked In at https://www.linkedin.com/company/technology-acceleration-partners-llc/.TechAccel is an equal opportunity employer. All employees are hired, compensated, promoted, disciplined and evaluated without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, military status, or any other protected characteristic as established by law. TechAccel strictly prohibits any and all discrimination and harassment based upon an individual's race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, military status, or any other protected characteristic as established by law. Any incident of such harassment or discrimination must be immediately reported to the appropriate management level employee.