TITLE: Chief Administrative Officer
TYPE: Full-time, Salaried Exempt
REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer
LOCATION: TechAccel Headquarters, Overland Park, KS
Please send cover letter, resume and questionnaire
6811 Shawnee Mission Pkwy Suite 215
Overland Park, Kansas 66202 firstname.lastname@example.org
No walk-ins or recruiters.
Technology Acceleration Partners (TechAccel, LLC) is a private capital firm that acquires, invests in, and advances early stage technologies in the agriculture, animal health, and food technology sectors.
The Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) is an executive-level position at TechAccel’s headquarters in Overland Park, Kansas reporting directly to TechAccel’s CEO. The CAO is a key member of the senior leadership team. The CAO manages the day-to-day activates of the business operations with the goal of establishing and maintaining the functionality of the business operations to support and drive extensive and sustainable growth.
The CAO utilizes leadership experience, efficiency, excellent people skills, business acumen and exemplary work ethics to maintain control of diverse administrative operations. The CAO works closely with the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and the other senior leadership team members to ensure effective and efficient support of the project-based operations of the organization.
The CAO’s primary responsibility is leading the day-to- day activities of the business operations of TechAccel in accordance with the strategic plan and operating and capital budgets. Duties include designing and implementing business systems, plans and procedures; establishing policies that promote company culture and vision; and overseeing administrative operations of the company.
• Oversee daily administrative operations of the company (Strategy Planning, Performance Reporting, Human Resources, IT, Marketing, Corporate Communications, Investor Relations, Program Management Office, etc.)
• Develop and monitor, in collaboration with the senior leadership team, an annual operating plan that supports the Corporation’s annual and long-term operations strategies
• Assist the CEO in establishing an appropriate organizational structure
• Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth
• Evaluate performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
• Keep the CEO fully informed in a timely and candid manner of the conduct of the day-to-day operations of the Corporation towards the achievement of its established goals and of all material deviations from the goals or objectives and policies established by the Board
• With respect to administrative matters, ensure communications, resolution of issues and project development
• Coordinate the Corporation’s public relations plan and activities
• Establish and manage relationships with vendors
• Establish policies that promote company culture and vision
• Foster a corporate culture that promotes ethical practices, customer focus and service, and encourages individual integrity
• Maintain a positive and ethical work climate that is conducive to attracting, retaining and motivating a diverse group of top-quality employees at all levels
• Participate in expansion activities (investments, acquisitions, corporate alliances etc.)
• Identify and assess mitigation efforts of principal risks of the Corporation's business operations
• Be available to brief the CEO on operational matters for review in advance of meetings of the Board
• As requested by the Board or CEO, attend meetings of the Board and its Committees and present the information necessary or relevant to the Board or such Committee for discharging its duties
• Ensure that there are effective succession plans in place for key executives
• Set goals and evaluate the performance of personnel reporting to the CAO
• Perform other functions related to the office of the CAO or as may be requested by the CEO or the Board
• BS/BA in Business Administration or relevant field
• Proven experience as CAO or relevant role for at least 5 years
• Understanding of business functions such as HR, Finance, marketing etc.
• Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business management
• Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
• Working knowledge of IT/Business infrastructure
• Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills required to clearly explain complex issues
• Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
• Highly self-motivated, proactive, flexible, able to follow through, and can work under pressure with associated deadlines
• Organized and detail oriented with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively
• Proficient in Microsoft Applications; Word, Excel, Project, and PowerPoint
• Master’s Degree in business, finance, economics, or related major
• 3 or more years of experience in VC, PE, M&A, Corporate Development roles
• Experience evaluating private investments and / or corporate transactions
• Understanding of agriculture and / or animal health markets and trends
• Passion for global sustainability, impact of emerging technologies and role of food and animals in a healthy future
Technology Acceleration Partners (TechAccel, LLC) is a development company focused on advancing innovation in Agriculture and Animal Health. Our partner relationships with Global Industry Strategics leverages their strong technical expertise, regulatory infrastructure and the global distribution network. TechAccel co-funds the development, de-risking and advancement of technologies that fill partner portfolio gaps or addressing new adjacencies. Technologies typically are focused on the many technical paths address to the rapidly growing food and animal health demands. Partner companies utilize TechAccel to accelerate time to market. TechAccel also provides R&D services to meet partner surge needs as well as technology sourcing services.
In addition to our strong technology advancement relationships with Global Industry Leaders, TechAccel partners with leading Agriculture and Animal Health Venture Capital firms in advancing emerging technologies found in aggressive and innovative industry start-ups. TechAccel brings a unique Science Advancement role to these relationships in addition to our invested commitments. This dual commitment adds to the enterprise value creation as well as the breadth of potential innovation derived from each integrated relationship.
TechAccel is an equal opportunity employer. All employees are hired, compensated, promoted, disciplined and evaluated without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, military status, or any other protected characteristic as established by law. TechAccel strictly prohibits any and all discrimination and harassment based upon an individual's race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, military status, or any other protected characteristic as established by law. Any incident of such harassment or discrimination must be immediately reported to the appropriate management level employee.