Come Grow with Us!
TechAccel is now hiring:
- Associate, full time
Detailed position description available below. To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and response to questionnaire to either:
- Mail: TechAccel LLC, 6811 Shawnee Mission Parkway, Suite 215, Shawnee Mission, KS 66202
- email: Jobs@TechAccel.net
No walk-ins or recruiters.
TYPE: Full-time, Salaried Exempt
REPORTS TO: Principal
LOCATION: TechAccel Headquarters, Overland Park, Kansas
TRAVEL: 10-15 percent
RELOCATION: Relocation package is available
Please send cover letter, resume and position questionnaire to:
6811 Shawnee Mission Pkwy Suite 215
Overland Park, Kansas 66202
No walk-ins or recruiters.
TechAccel is a technology and venture development organization that invests across the agriculture, animal health, and food science industries with an emphasis in the life sciences and biotechnology sectors. The firm invests in and collaborates with startup companies, works with universities to advance technologies from the lab to the marketplace, and collaborates with industry leaders to fund and accelerate external innovation initiatives.
TechAccel is seeking an entrepreneurial finance professional with experience in investment banking, private equity, venture capital, corporate development, or management consulting to join the firm’s investment team as an Associate. The candidate will play an important role in identifying and sourcing new investment opportunities, conducting market research, building financial models, performing due diligence, helping execute transactions, assisting with portfolio reporting, and supporting general operations. Successful candidates for this senior analyst role will be proactive, intellectually curious, and highly motivated with a desire to identify the most promising investment opportunities for the firm. Ideally, the candidate will have familiarity with emerging technology trends in agriculture, animal health, or life sciences/biotechnology. Exceptional professionals will have the opportunity to advance.
The Associate reports directly to the firm’s Principal and will support a wide range of activities.
- Thesis Development: Research industry trends and evolving technology developments, create market landscape reports, and develop and communicate a well-reasoned point of view on the investment opportunities TechAccel should be pursuing
- Sourcing: Proactively source new investment opportunities from traditional channels and informal networks, establish a relationship, and open a dialogue
- Screening: Screen deals by taking the first step to engage entrepreneurs, professors, and corporate leaders, introduce our firm, and determine whether there’s an investment thesis fit
- Due Diligence: Support due diligence efforts on new investment opportunities, including identifying and speaking to subject matter experts, end users, and strategic corporate companies, developing literature reviews and landscape analyses, planning and participating in site visits, and synthesizing and presenting findings
- Financial Modeling: Perform comprehensive financial scenario and valuation modeling involving operating models, capitalization tables, exit waterfalls, and returns analysis utilizing discounted cash flow, internal rate of return, and comparable company/transaction analyses
- Memo Generation: Assist in drafting comprehensive investment memos or business plans for the firm’s Investment Advisory Committee and Board of Directors
- Market Research: Research, gather, and present data to support new investment opportunities and fundraising efforts
- Deal Structuring/Execution: Support the drafting and negotiation of term sheets and legal agreements
- Operations/Reporting: Manage the deal flow pipeline including contacts, screened companies, and investment opportunities, and prepare regular updates on portfolio assets, valuation, and pipeline opportunities for the Investment Committee, Board, and Senior team members
- Networking: Network with other VCs, startups, universities, and corporate leaders
- Advanced degree, preferably in finance, business, economics, or a STEM-related field; Undergraduate degree with relevant experience will be considered
- 3+ years of work experience, preferably in investment banking, venture capital, private equity, management consulting, corporate development, or a relevant role at a technology startup
- Preferably, familiarity or direct professional experience in the agriculture, animal health, technology, or life sciences/biotechnology sectors
- Self starter with strong initiative, intellectual curiosity, and work ethic
- Demonstrated success with business development activities, networking, and building new relationships with entrepreneurs and/or key stakeholders
- Strong financial modeling and valuation capabilities
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, project management capabilities
- Resourceful research capabilities, with a willingness to track down hard-to-find information about the products and markets targeted by the firm
- Demonstrated interest in startups, technology, entrepreneurship, and venture capital
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a small group
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, DOWNLOAD AND COMPLETE Questionnaire for Associate THEN SEND IT WITH COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO TECHACCEL:
BY EMAIL: jobs@TechAccel.net
BY MAIL: TechAccel LLC, 6811 Shawnee Mission Parkway, Suite 215, Shawnee Mission, KS 66202
TechAccel LLC was founded in 2014 as a first-of-its-kind technology and venture development company in the agriculture and animal health sectors. TechAccel sources, invests in and acquires early-stage innovations. Through collaborations with universities and research institutions, TechAccel conducts advancement and de-risking research and development to ready technologies for commercialization. For more information, visit www.techaccel.net. Follow us on Twitter at @Tech_Accel.
TechAccel is an equal opportunity employer. All employees are hired, compensated, promoted, disciplined and evaluated without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, military status, or any other protected characteristic as established by law. TechAccel strictly prohibits any and all discrimination and harassment based upon an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, military status, or any other protected characteristic as established by law. Any incident of such harassment or discrimination must be immediately reported to the appropriate management level employee.