Do you have an idea that could create a big impact in agtech/plant/animal science or post-harvest value chain but need advice on how to advance it to the next level?
On Tuesday, May 21, 2019 at 5:30 pm, the Venture Café @39North, at the Donald Danforth Plant Science Center in St. Louis will feature an opportunity for entrepreneurs, scientists, thinkers and startups to pitch their innovative idea to a panel of leading experts in the sector:
- Ron Meeusen, Ph.D.,Managing Director, Cultivian Sandbox Ventures
- Connie Bowen, Executive Director, The Yield Lab Institute
- Michael Helmstetter, Ph.D., President and CEO, TechAccel
The program will be moderated by Brad Fabbri, Ph.D., Chief Science Officer, TechAccel. This will be an entertaining event useful not only to the presenters but also the audience, which will hear the entrepreneurial and commercial insights the expert panel will share.
FORMAT: Five to six people will be invited to give a 3-minute presentation of their idea followed by 7 minutes of conversation with the panel.
Examples of relevant topics include:
- A technology to help plant or animal production agriculture
- A technology to improve plant varieties, animal genetics, or a new crop
- Urban farming ideas, including indoor farming
- Novel food or beverage products
The winning idea will receive an hour of follow-up consultation with one or more panel members to further discuss their idea.
Interested? Please send a brief email to Nancy Thompson Culberson (firstname.lastname@example.org) by noon, May 8, 2019, that provides the following:
- Your name, and the company name if you have one established
- If you have formed a company; summary of funding to date, how many people involved, stage of company, any sales yet?
- Your contact information (email & phone)
- BRIEF description of your idea; No More than one page, please!
- What is your idea?
- Who is the target customer?
- What problem(s) and/or challenge(s) does it solve?
- Why is it innovative?
- What are you seeking? E.g.; advice/coaching, funding, partnerships
We do not require that you have formed a company to participate! A goal for this is to have the expert panel provide some direct advice to the presenters that likely will be very helpful. We will be reviewing the submissions and selecting 5-6 of them to participate in this event. Please keep your submission simple, short, and clear.
If you are selected, you will be notified by May 15 and will have the opportunity (but not the obligation) to prepare no more than three slides to aid your 3-minute presentation at the Danforth Center.